Caution:  This page contains ONLY GENERAL LEGAL INFORMATION. 
It is NOT LEGAL ADVICE nor a replacement for talking to a lawyer
and getting legal advice about your case.    
The law can be complicated and the details of a case can be even more complicated! 
There are exceptions for every rule. 


What you do not know can harm you.  Do not rely on general legal information.



A person who is not a parent (see my article on non-biological / non-adoptive parents) may seek a Contact Order.  An order may be made providing that a child spend time with and have other contact with a person.  This order may be sought by relatives (grandparent, aunt, uncle, sibling to the child) or another person who has a connection.  Having an existing relationship with the child is an important factor, but a decision on this will be based on the best interest of the child.